TAM 203 SPRING 2007 (Site
updated on May 14, 2007)
Particle and Rigid Body Dynamics, Official Cornell course description (pretty close)
Professor: Andy Ruina
All course schedules/assignments/information will be on this www site. There are no handouts.
News (Most recent at top. Obsolete things may get removed.)
* 5/14/07 Final Exam Solutions are posted (two small errors now corrected).
* 5/13/07 PLEASE CHECK THIS. Here is a newer-still grade sheet. A "-" in front of a HW
grade indicates that it was late. Send errors to Kevin Rampala.
*6/7/07 FINAL WEEK OFFICE HOURS:
W: 7pm - 10pm (Jing)
Th: 1pm - 4pm (Meghan)
F: 1pm - 4pm (Kevin)
Su: 2pm - 5pm (Meghan) and
4pm - 7pm (Kevin)
* 5/1/07 Many errors were found in the posted grades. Here is a new grade sheet.
Please check your grades. Send errors to Kevin Rampala.
* 4/30/07 Course evaluation counts one point on your final grade. The date has been extended to
Friday May 4: http://www.engineering.cornell.edu/CourseEval/
* 4/28/07 Two more lab makeup days:
- Kevin on Monday April 30 from 2:30 - 4:30
- Jing on Tuesday May 1 from 2:00 - 4:00
* 4/22/07 The academic integrity rules apply, of course, to homework redo's
(see the homework page). Posted solutions are not "lecture, text [or] section".
* 4/21/07 Matlab example from lecture 4/12
(previously done in lectureby Kevin Rampala in Macsyma, a program like Maple)
* 2/6/07 Please read again the academic integrity rules (see the homework page).
* 1/23/07: Welcome to TAM 203.
General course information
Homework assignments and solutions.
Who teaches what when: lecture, sections, labs, office hours, extra voluntary section.
Exams and grading: coverage of prelims, rooms, dates, final grade formula.
1. Pratap and Ruina, available online only.
2. Lab manual, see Labs page below
Labs. There are four, starting on starting Monday January 29, structured like in TAM 202.
Old TAM 203 WWW pages:
spring 97, spring 2000, fall 2000, spring 02, fall 04 , Spring 06, Fall 06